The part (vehicle speed sensor) for Mrs. Shoe Pilot's Honda wagon arrived in the mail today. It's a super Made In China special. The sensor rotation didn't feel what I'd call silky smooth. However, the part fit and it functions, so I'll call it good. It was $8 instead of $120.

I DID have to use every 1/4 drive extension I have (6 of them, various lengths) to get to one of the bolts. It was DEEP. Also, I cut my finger open and bled a little, so it counts as a real car repair. Once the new sensor was installed I used my handy new ODB2 scan tool to reset the CEL and it's ALL BETTER.

I even managed to finish up before 6:30 local time. Not too shabby.