Ten years of driving...
Since getting my licence ten years (and 3 months almost to the day for those whom need to be exact) ago and purchasing my first car, I have spent roughly $221,000 on vehicles not including normal maintenance, fuel, and insurance (it also does not account for money coming back to me from selling vehicles, but...).
The list looks something like this (and it's in chronological order for you obsessive compulsive types) :
1991 Honda Accord - $3,500 initial purchase
- Roughly $2,000 in audio equipment and ebay coil overs and lights (yes I was a ricer, shutupaboutit)
1992 Mitsubihi 3000GT VR-4 - $7,500 initial purchase price
- $4,000 engine rebuild #1
- $6,000 engine rebuild #2 with better parts
- $8,000 engine rebuild #3 with more better parts
1999 Saab 9 3 - $5,500 initial price
- $0 in mods (all mods were made using spare parts from the other things in the garage!)
2005 Ford Mustang GT - $27,000 initial purchase price
- $17,000 worth of engine, transmission, suspension and tires
2007 Triumph Daytona 675 - $6,500 initial purchase price
- $5000 repairing it from "accidents"...
1996 F150 - $3,500 initial purchase price
- $3,000 on body work and suspension
2007 F350 - $22,500 initial purchase price
- $1,500 on tires
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - $3,500 initial purchase price
- $2,000 on repairs upgrades (and it's still broken)
1979 Yamaha XS750 - $350 initial purchase price
- $150 on parts for rebuild (still in progress)
2011 Audi S4 - $48,000 initial purchase price
1980 Yamaha XS650 - $4,500 initial purchase price
- $1,500 on upgrades
2014 Jeep Wrangler - $36,000 initial purchase price
- $3,000 on wheels, tires, suspension
Total = $221,500
(picture for good measure)
So Oppo, Where do you sit on the 'Spend-O-Meter'?