Above is a Daihatsu Charade. A car that's probably more famous for its ridiculous name than its physical features.
Fellow Jalop, Japanophile25, had this to say about certain car names.
"Honestly sometimes I think they name cars by just writing random words on pieces of paper and picking them out of a hat."
Many of us agree with the ridiculousness of many car names. What if it was taken a step further? What if they ran out of names to put on said pieces of paper?! Oh nooooooo!!
Don't fret!! I have a solution!
They just go to Wikipedia, hit the "Random Article" button and write down whatever comes up!!
Just hitting the button a few times, I get some great examples.
- Aloo Chaat (a Bollywood romantic comedy movie) Volkswagen Aloo Chaat, could be shortened to simply "AC" by enthusiasts
- Agylla Nivea (A moth found in South America) Chevy Agylla, Nivea edition
- Allan (a 1988 song recorded by French singer-songwriter Mylène Farmer from her second album Ainsi soit je) I mean there's already the Vauxhall Adam right?
- Shaldyr (a village in Kyrgyzstan) Toyota Shaldyr?
- Torit (a town in South Sudan) Ford Torit?
The best ones I find tend to be of historical individuals and places around the world.
What sort of potential model names do you get?