Gathered here are the Oppositelock posts that people put a good deal of effort into writing from Saturday through Wednesday. It includes the story of a SoCal icon, cars as christmas gifts, the love of Mustangs and more.
Merry Christmas everyone! Last year my girlfriend and I started the tradition of including our love of cars into our Christmas card, and since we live in Southern California we've made that a part of it as well. Last year it was the beach at sunset, and this year we chose Bob's Big Boy Broiler in Downey. Originally Harvey's Broiler, then Johnie's Broiler, this SoCal icon has an amazing story.
- Automakers have pushed cars as Christmas gifts for 100 years - Juan Barnett
The weather outside is frightful and by frightful I mean raining and filled with chaotic last-minute shoppers. It's down right scary outside. I saw two police officers guarding a Honey Baked Ham store. Instead of risking my life for a last minute gift, I decided to cozy up to some soy eggnog and browse old newspapers in search of holiday automotive advertising.
- Coming Back Home – A Mustang Love Story - Mkolabin
Let's just get it out there; I love Mustangs but not at the exclusion of other brands. I'm an enthusiast, there's little doubt. I'm into 'the hobby' and have a passion for the passion. To be clear, what I am saying here is, "I Love Cars." There will always be a special place in my heart reserved for Mustangs and I'm not ashamed of that because the first car I felt an attachment to, the first car I owned and was proud of, was a Mustang. In fact, if it weren't for that Mustang there's little doubt in my mind that I would never have become an enthusiast or become involved in the hobby at all.
- The 2015 Ford Mustang Is Rooted In Music - carwitter
The 2015 Ford Mustang is a proper redesign. Set up as a global car, it is designed for a customer base that is international, not strictly for the United States. But, you read the title and think, how is it rooted in music?
- Why I Hate The Nissan GTR - Zaman Bux
The Nissan GTR, a technological step in the automotive world which has created a benchmark upon rivals from other manufacturers. This article isn't about why it's such a technological, amazing, blah, achievement, it's my account on why I despise its existence. Let's cut to the chase…
Aahh, the Range Rover, a rugged and capable automobile that has the ability to take on the toughest of mountains… Or is it? It seems Range Rover has a new priority in mind, which is not to climb the tallest mountain in the world (although it jolly-well can), but to take the luxury car segment by storm. The new 2013 Range Rover is up competing with the likes of the Bentley Flying Spur, Mercedes-Benz S Class and even the Rolls-Royce Ghost. It seems then, Range Rover have played their cards right.
Everyone loves manuals. Some people love DCTs. Most people hate single clutch sequential robotized transmissions. These transmissions are going extinct. And that's why I love them.
- Rental Car Review: Dodge Avenger - ranwhenparked
On Friday night, I noticed some unexplained damage to the back of my car, consisting of a gouged out scratch through a plastic trim panel and a broken tailight. This meant a trip to the body shop as soon as possible and a rental car. I have no idea what caused the damage and am pretty pissed that some careless idiot has now left me out $500. That said, I figured maybe I'd make the most of my rental car experience and try to get some level of entertainment out of it.
- 2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - The Oppo Review - BlazinAce
Hey, do you hear that? No? Then you're probably inside the Chevrolet TrailBlazer. I don't know why I decided to start talking about this car based on how quiet it is, but that should speak at least a little about how really quiet this car is. Turn off the radio, get up to highway speeds, and I you won't hear more than a gentle breeze blowing by.
Jbh got a ride in a in a CCC Manhattan member's supercharged 993 and did some light painting. Jus1029 shared photos from a drive around Manilla. Pessimippopotamus posted photos from the LA Autoshow. Jagvar went to C&C in Great Falls. ZachR attended Carlsbad C&C and picked up a Sky Redline. Liquid_popcorn attended Katie's C&C. Ilike_cougars attended an Autism Awareness Toy drive. Party-vi shared photos of his Willys. Raphael Orlove posted photos of his local University's old Willys truck. JayhawkJake did some snow hooning in his Sonic RS. RotaryLover is now RotarylessLover. Milky enjoyed some snow in his Crossfire. 190e30 took pictures of his Audi. Santiago Iglesias took his FR_S rallycrossing. Nick showed us his Cobalt SS. Briannutter1 destroyed the driveshaft, bell housing and torque tube on his C5 Z06.Pixel organized his garage. SloPro replaced the clutch and motor mount on his MSP. Offroadkarter put his Marauder away for the winter. D took some film pictures of cars. Benzed92 bought an '02 Wrangler X. Garrett Harrison showed his Beetle. Msatlas did some doughnuts in his Jeep. EuroJosh did some filming at Club Loose's Slay Ride. Dr_Watson and his MX5 played in the snow. Brian Silvestro took a trip to NYC.
As always, If I've missed something and you would like me to include it, let me know.
There were several posts that asked questions and sparked some good discussion between Saturday and Wednesday. Take a peek and chime in on some of them listed below:
- Used Italian Mid-Engine Face Off
- Best and Worst List: 2013
- Toyobaru or Fiesta ST - Which you would rather own?
- Which Would You Rather? Wrong-Wheel-Drive Edition
- The Best Cars You've Seen This Year
- Winter Dream Rides?
- Your Favourite All Time Classic?
- BEST and WORST list: 2013
- Hopping on the bandwagon - Best and Worst of 2013
- The Great Debate Of Our Time
- 4-way Used DD Euro Battle Royale
- What would Santa drive?
- Which Would You Rather? Sexy Saloon Edition
- European Cars You'd Like To See In The US?
- What is the Most Beautiful Element From the Pre Aerodynamic-Led Era?
- Why Cadillac will never be the same as the Germans: Why that's a good thing
- Is there a worse current car commercial than this?
- Share your beaters
- HELP! looking for a car, need suggestions
- Which Automaker has the worst SEO?
- You Can Help Put a Dent In Asshat Parking
- Show Us Your Favorite Picture of the Human Side of Formula 1
- Stuff you bought for your car because you were being an emotional child!
- DD, Track, Burn - Top Gear Roadtrip Edition
- Which Would You Rather? Sex On Wheels II Edition
- Why did Audi stop doing cool things with the brand logo?
- What it's like to own and drive an old car
- You've Got $31,252 (and have to buy a car today)...What You Got?
- Do you name your car?
- What's your favorite parking story?
- Worst Fearmongering Exaggeration From Drivers' Ed?
- Worst Beer You've Had This Year
- How Fuel Efficient Should Your Car Be?
- CarDomaining - "Christmas" edition
- What is the cheapest car with a v12 money can buy?
- What's Your Favorite Car Introduced In 2013?
- Top 5 Debuts Of 2013
- The War of the Decade: Manual vs Automatic
- Which Would You Rather? Orange TRD Edition
- What's the best way to make my off-road pickup better in the snow?
- Is There A Car You Wouldn't Hoon?
- Who has experience with the Mazdaspeed 6?
- A Jalop Christmas! What auto-themed gifts did you get?
- Which Would You Rather? Famous TV cars from the 80's Edition
- 7 Things Jalopniks Want For Christmas
- Generic Racer Meme?
Just the #tips
- Superbird Mockup Phase
- Oppo in a 917/30
- Kurt Caselli Last Ride
- Saab Wins $4.5B Brazil Jet Deal After NSA Spying Sours Boeing Bid
- 1985 Saab EV-1 (Experimental Vehicle 1)
- Tinkerer buys crashed Model S, decides to build stretched T3 EVanagon
- How many cars have I owned?..
- Ford GT with Eleven Miles
- BMW M3 & M4 Individual Program
- 2015 WRX puts down 5.2 to 60 w/ new six speed manual
- Scuderia Ferrari Motorcycle Team
- Worlds Most Stereotypical Lamborghini Owner Buys Another Lambo
- Guy Pees On Running Engine, Immediately Regrets Decision
- Funny street racers are funny
- BRB, Gonna Buy Barbie Jeeps
- The Peugeot RCZ R Looks Like Fun
- Next Gen C63 To Move to 4.0 Turbo V8
- Jay Leno's Garage. Singer 911
- Best Of 2013 'Ring crashes
- Robby Gordon vs. Jackass
- NYC Biker Gang/Range Rover Assault, Charges Reduced
- Detonation cord xmas tree
- Mercedes-Benz Reveals AMG Line for C-Class
- Woman Assaulted Because Of Asshat Parking
- So the KTM SuperDuke 990 is built like a tank...
- Ferrari President hints LeMans Return
- Regular Car Reviews Christmas Edition!
- Story of vin 903847
These posts have already been shared with Jalopnik directly but deserve to be mentioned again because they were first posted on Oppositelock:
- How far down market can Porsche go?
- The Best and Worst Cars I Haven't Driven
- A Brief History of Asian Stealth So Far: Part 1 - Japan
- Five Ferrari One-Offs That Need To Be Commissioned
- 2011 Volkswagen GTI: The Not So Jalopnik Review
- Camouflaging The Mustang Was A Daunting Task Says Ford
- Cadillac Will Never Rival the Germans
- Robinson Helicopters: Tin-Lizzie Whirlybirds
- State of the Manual
- 2014 Range Rover Sport "SuperCharged" - "Mini" Review
- Daily Drive, Track, Burn: America vs Germany vs Japan
- Cool, BlipShift made my T-shirt - NOW GO BUY IT!
- Wagon Attack 3: The Making Of
- This is How Cadillac takes the Luxury Crown from the Germans