Gathered here are the Oppositelock posts that people have put a good deal of effort into writing from the last 24 hours. Today it includes the Cadillac ducks, a Volvo Amazon wagon, the Sbarro Volkswagen and more.
- Whats the deal with the Ducks? - Gandalf the Wise
It's been a few days since the unveiling of the Cadillac Elmiraj design study and I've since had the opportunity to read a few of the reviews and subsequently the comments on these reviews. The general consensus of course being the pleading by nearly everyone and their brother for Cadillac to build a flagship like it. Amidst all the hype of the Elmiraj, one thing stands out to me: the loss of the Cadillac "ducks" is still a big deal! Yes, that's right, not the stretching of the Cadillac crest or the loss of the wreath, just the ducks! The question for me then is: who really cares about the ducks!?
- So my 55 year old mother test drove [a CTS-V Wagon] yesterday... - Formula4Speed
Anyway, I found her opinions on it very interesting. She's the least-enthusiastic in our family, but had heard me speak of the magic and mystery of the V wagon as a possible future choice I thought she'd enjoy, so when she saw a commercial for 0% financing she decided it was worth investigating. Her comments, in order, as follows.
- Well, hello there... - Abarthguy
Being an Opponaut who works at a dealership is like being Charlie Sheen at the AVN Awards. It simply feeds the addiction. Even if I were trying to get car-sober, it's the routine treats like this which would drive my recidivist behavior. My soon-to-be-wife had some concerns about me working in this business. And it had nothing to do with those old stereotypical notions of life in a dealership…
- Scotland to Africa - Long Way Down - Dan Mosqueda
I'm a binge viewer. I'll admit it. The bottom line is that I hate commercials, even though a few years ago I used to work in advertising and produced more than a few commercials in my time. The best away to avoid the Madison Ave ad machine is to watch shows on sites like HBOGo or Netflix. I was perusing Netflix and saw Ewan McGregor's Long Way Down listed and decided to give it a try.
- For the Love of Wagons - ssm-one
This used to be my wagon. A 1964 Volvo Amazon with a low-compression, twin carb B18 and a 4-speed. I loved it dearly and as is usually the case, I regret that I got rid of it. Well, I regret that it's gone, but I also loved the 1982 Toyota LandCruiser BJ42 I traded it for, a 3B diesel equipped unit with 24 volt electrical. It was cool too.
- Mercedes C Class versus Mercedes C Class, Which Is Better? - His Stigness
Should you buy a newer car or an older car? Sounds like a stupid question right? Well, that depends... What follows is a comparison review on a 2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport versus a 2008 Mercedes C300 Sport. Both cars are built by the same company, in the same decade, but I don’t think they could be more different if one were badged a BMW and one an Audi. Where should I start? I think I’ll start with the engine and driving...
- SBARRO - ScootScoot
I had completely forgotten about this car. How did we arrive at this VW Golf series I in which the backside travels upwards and exhibits its engine in such an impudic way ? It was quite simply the goal of Franco Sbarro to satisfy a Swiss customer that made him perform such... modifications!
This is my test drive review series and today I will be test drive reviewing the Honda Insight which is a car so it meets the criteria. This was a Zipcar which means I did not have to ruin a salesmans day by not buying anything and then crashing into traffic. As you can tell it is a car made for the future. A future where gasoline is expensive but not so expensive that you buy a Leaf or learn to walk so it is the perfect niche car for now.
In 1965 Toyota Launched the Sports 800 as a low powered, fun to drive, small car. Although this car was great and was transformed into many variants of racing cars, it wasn't until 1967 that Toyota launched a revolution. The 2000GT: a sleek, fast, and light sports car. The car was brilliant! Powered by the 3M engine from the high end Toyota Crown (2.0 I6) it made 150hp and could get up to 135MPH. However the only thing wrong with it was the price. In the US, it cost $6,800. This was more than all the other fast cars of the time ( E type, 911, ETC) In all, it was great.
Car Spotting, Picture Threads
Therotaryisdeadlonglivetherotary got a ride in an MX2 stunt aircraft. TheSupremeLou shared some pictures from the fourth of July. MountainCommand installed some more JDM components on his minty Prelude. Who Needs Swaybars Anyway stumbled into some cool trucks at a shop specializing in Land Rovers. Tellmewhoareyou's bedroom smells like a filthy old tranny.
As always, If I've missed something and you would like me to include it, let me know.
There were several posts that asked questions and sparked some good discussion over the last day. Take a peek and chime in on some of them listed below:
- What is the perfect getaway car?
- Your favorite automotive related video
- Hating on silver
- What are the best rear ends on the market?
- What's the craziest thing you've ever seen?
- Tell me everything you know about solid engine lubrication
- Could the Focus ST Really Be a Better Drivers Car Than The Viper?
- Oppositelock Fantasy Football league
- Let's Write a Song About Cars!
- Do family friendly sport coupes exist?
- Choose a manufacturer, one single vehicle to live with for the rest of your life
Just the #tips
- Hooning an MK6 GTI to Don't Stop Me Now
- Notification of Potential Hatchback Hazards
- It's Alive - Or at Least Applied For - Model E Trademarked
- Your car doesn't have enough V8s in it
- Apparently in some states, hazard light use is illegal.....
- Porsche - Genius at the Wheel
- If at first you set yourself on fire put yourself out & try again
- Before MotoGP...
- Brilliant Unofficial Mercedes Benz Ad - Preventing dangers before they happen
- An RS6 destroying its tyres. All is good
- Subaru has problems...
- A Weekend With an Audi A8 L
- How Velocity Stacks Are Made
- Formula SAE vintage days Redux
- Almost got run off the road on Monday, but at least he was using his signals
- The Shweel
- 2013 GTA V Bravado Banshee: This is It
- The Best Car Chase Scene You've Probably Never Seen
- Quadriplegic racing on Forza Motosport 4 with an adapted controller
- Former Boulder Running Back In Stolen Jetta Stops For Owner in Crosswalk
These posts have already been shared with Jalopnik directly but deserve to be mentioned again because they were first posted in Oppositelock: